cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short notice change of SIM.

clos
Tuning in

I've got an email saying a new email is on the way. 

I understand that this is because Virgin are changing their network provider.

The email says my current sim will automatically be deactivated in 14 days.  I am abroad for several months and will not be able to access my new sim and therefore use my UK number.

It seems very short notice. Surely there's going to be lots of people in the same situation as me who won't have access to their new sim immediately.

Have I missed a previous email and we were warned about this months ago??

4 REPLIES 4

clos
Tuning in

Sorry, can't seem to edit the above ^^

Should say,

I've got an email saying a new SIM is on the way. 

Hi @clos

Welcome back to the community!

Yes, this will be because of the migration to the Vodaphone network, sorry about the inconvenience this has caused. Are you able to have a friend or relative send you the new SIM? As long as the SIM is activated in the UK it will work fine for you abroad. We would be able to send your SIM to an alternative address if this is what you'd like to do. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley

Thank you for your reply.

A friend could send the new SIM from the UK but it will cost approx £50 to courier it.

Why is my current card being automatically deactivated in 14 days? This is such short notice.

We are migrating our network over to Vodaphone and as such our affected customers will need their SIM cards replaced so they will continue to work. We have been actively informing our customers of this change and are now rolling out the new SIM's to them. I apologise for any inconvenience this causes whilst you are abroad. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley