cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service saying Vodafone

VMickeyV
Joining in

Hi this is a weird one. 
So today I was checking my notifications and I pulled down to the wrong bar and got confused where on an iPhone it tells you your service (should be virgin) it is saying Vodafone, I have tried switching it to virgin but it says I don’t have any service what is that about? lol.

I have been with virgin my entire mobile life and have never had a Vodafone sim, but when I choose virgin as a service provider I have no service, I don’t know if this is a phone issue or a service issue. 

my main question is am I with Vodafone or virgin? Or are they sister companies and they share the same server?

I am very confused and a bit weirded out but I have service just it’s not with virgin

2 REPLIES 2

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin are a Virtual Network and use others for signal. Originally it was EE but now they are moving to Vodafone. Looks like that has happened in your case but the way your SIM is reporting has not updated.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI VMickeyV, welcome to the forums. We use both the EE and vodafone networks and are migrating to vodafone. Can you confirm of you have received a new sim from us? - Chris