cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screeching when ringing number on virgin sim

Arvind
On our wavelength

Having this screeching sound when ever i am  calling and lasts until call is picked up

Can anyone tell me what the reason could be

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Arvind
On our wavelength
18 REPLIES 18

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Arvind,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're hearing a screech when you call out a number.

Can you tell us if you've tried to move your current SIM card into another handset to see if this issue is repeated?

Please give this a try and let us know how you're getting on.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Arvind
On our wavelength

Hi paulina

I tried this  and  i have 3 virgin sims and it happens on all the sims

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Arvind,

Thanks for coming back to me and letting me know. 

Can you tell me if you've tried to put the SIM card into a different phone to see if the screech is still there? 

What phone make and model do you have and what other made and model did you try it on?

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Arvind
On our wavelength

Hi 

I have samsung s20plus  s10e and s10 plus. 

I dont have any other handset and have tried swapping the sims on all 3 mobiles but still same

Hi Arvind, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

It's strange that this is happening on all 3 devices and 3 different SIM cards. 

Just to confirm is this only happening when calling one particular number? It sounds as though you may be calling a fax machine which usually gives this type of screeching. 

If it is one particular number, try calling another number to see if the same thing happens. 

Pop back and let me know. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Arvind
On our wavelength

Hi Kath

I have rang different numbers

Hi Arvind, 

Thanks for clarifying this for me. 

Being completely honest with you, I don't know what the issue could be. I have consulted with my colleagues and they too are unsure. We've not had any other reports of this nature either. 

Do you find this issue happening wherever you are or is it only when calling from one particular place? 

I think the best thing for us to do here would be to get some details from you to try and have a further look at things. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is one of 3 threads where people have described a wind noise on calling?

Wondering if it is associated 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Wind-noise/m-p/4654287#M190965

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Arvind, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I have arranged a replacement SIM to be sent to you for 1 of the numbers (the one ending 51) that are having the issue. Once you receive it, you will need to activate it. You can find all the instructions on how to do this with the new SIM card. 

If this helps resolve the issue, we can then send a replacement SIM for the other 2. 

Pop back and let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team