cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch 4g

JRoze
Just joined

Just bought samsung galaxy watch on 4g.

Can I use 4g on my watch. If not when will Virgin Media be able to enable this in feature? 

I am planning to switch to different provider if date will not come up in near future.

I would rather stay to be honest but there is a lot of deals with same or less costs out there that provide these sort of options. 

8 REPLIES 8

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are talking about an esim I would not say any time soon, certainly not before the swap to Vodafone.

Not all networks do them. I have an esim enabled phone running on one of the big 4 and they haven't even introduced them for that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for the answer

I think EE, O2 and Vodafone does the eSims. 

I did not think Virgin is moving to Vodofone. Think it is better for me to move to Vodofone in that case. 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check with Vodafone. I'm told they only support Apple watches.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

As @enlli has said, Vodafone only do esims for Apple watches only, the do not any for phones (Apple or Android) at all or for Android watches.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.

Shezzie1974
Tuning in

I've also just purchased one, I can't believe that Virgin don't support this watch. 

Hi All, first post. Vodafone do support esims in samsung galaxy watches as i have had one from them but you have to have a phone number with them to add the onenumber service to.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Shezzie1974 wrote:

I've also just purchased one, I can't believe that Virgin don't support this watch. 

Most Virtual networks don't have the range of options as the main four. Without going into technical details it is more difficult for Virgin to run eSIMs

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, they have recently brought in support via One Number. I have Alexa on mine!