cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STOLEN PHONE

hayley53
Joining in

i had a phone which was stolen last year, approx March, i had a crime number, i immediately got onto Virgin Media when i got to work that same day, gave them my crime number,  i had a new phone eventually sent out that day, gone onto my mobile bill, and i am being charged for a phone that they were notified had been stolen.  so i should be refunded at least £60.00.  cant get through as per usual.

10 REPLIES 10

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @hayley53,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear that this has happened to you especially after your phone was stolen.

Are you paying for two phones at the moment, the lost one and the replacement or are you being charged two tariffs instead of one?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven, 

i am currently on line with a customer service agent, he is refunding me the amount.  this should have been done last year.

i have been paying for two phones, unbeknown to myself,  i only went on my account to check why i have been charged the amount i had and found both numbers.

Thanks for coming back to us hayley53,

We do apologise this has happened and that you have been charged for both mobiles, this should not have been the case as you provided the crime reference number.

You advised in your previous post that you managed to get through to an agent, who agreed to refund the £60 charge. Can we ask if they also cancelled the additional mobile which was stolen of your account for you as well so no further charges are incurred?

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodi,

the gentleman's name was JM, he was very helpful and said between 3-5 working days, my bank account would be refunded with £54.00, i thought it was more.  just gone onto my bank account and no refund has gone in.  also gone onto my mobile account and the "stolen phone" details are still there, I AM NOT, paying for a phone i havent got.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Surely if you had a phone on a Freestyle loan and it is stolen you are still liable for payments. Same if I had a loan on a car and it was stolen, the finance company would still want paying either by me or the insurance company.

Or have I got this wrong?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

i personally think you have this wrong,  it was out of contract anyway, so the phone was ACTUALLY mine !!!! the fact that have been charged for over 8 months for a phone i didnt have anymore,  and the crime number was given.  

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

@hayley53, please don't worry - what I will do is send you over a private message to get some details and I can sort this for you 🙂 

@enlli - I think the case is based on multiple numbers/package being active without 1 being cancelled when it should have been. Rather than credit agreement etc. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.

STILL NO REFUND, i rang up today and they hung up on me.  rather annoyed now, i will cancel my account if not sorted.