cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOS only in USA

mpearnvm1
Tuning in

My wifes phone is on a sim only Virgin Media account. Just arrived in USA from the U.K. & she cannot connect to a network .. just gets SOS only. First time she has ever had this problem, previously connected to T Mobile, AT&T etc.

I have been through all “the usual” .. reset networks, toggle wifi, etc etc but as usual none of these suggestions actually work!

Should she connect to Boost Mobile (who i have read have taken over from Virgin in the US?) and will this resolve this issue?

2 REPLIES 2

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin in the USA (now Boost) Have nothing to do with Virgin UK

I assume you have tried a manual network search to try each network in turn. Also sufficient spending cap as the call rates are very steep 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey mpearnvm1, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are struggling to get your phone working in the USA.

Have the above steps helped at all?

Also has she got the settings cog turned on for this in the app and her phones settings?

Also has mentioned the spend cap could the issues, as it is very expensive to use the phone in the USA.

You can find out more here Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?