cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS texts not sending to sky mobile numbers (RESOLVED)

Gaz102
Joining in

I have recently switched mobile provider from sky to virgin mobile, I kept my old number from sky everything seemed to be fine but since the number swith I can no longer text sky mobile numbers,  does anyone know why this is happening 

[MOD EDIT: 13/09 ( RESOLVED) Issue Sky Mobile customers cannot receive Virgin Mobile text messages under investigation. Multiple threads merged into one]

89 REPLIES 89

fedupwithtech
Joining in

Hallo everyone - does any one know if texts to Sky mobiles not being received has resolved yet and if not, when is it likely to? This has been going on since Tuesday?   Any idea why it is taking so long please? My sky friends are still not receiving my Virgin texts.

ggoodwin
On our wavelength

For a week now I have been unable to send any text messages to anyone on SkyMobile.

People with SkyMobile can send texts to me, and they have no problem sending or receiving texts with anyone else.

It's purely Virgin Mobile which is broken and won't send texts to Skymobile.

This has been going on for a week.   There's no error message bouncing back, so I was assuming my texts were being sent.... but they weren't.    This has caused all kinds of problems.

Virgin Mobile haven't even had the courtesy to send a message telling people that they have a problem.   

Shambles of a service.   Time to leave methinks.

Same here.

Can't get any messages through to skymobile users. Been going on for a week and I didn't know the texts weren't being received. The messages don't bounce back with any error.

It seems Virgin know they have a problem. Why haven't Virgin mobile had the courtesy to contact users and tell them that there's a problem?

Tracy14
Tuning in

Since yesterday I have been having issues sending text messages. A few people are not receiving them.

I have done all the trouble ke shooting and checked everything is correct.

There are no issues in any of my settings and I have cleared the cache.

This started yesterday 9/09/22 and its just random people

Got the exact same problem.   What are Virgin doing?

I had no idea my texts weren't being sent, because they show as sent, and there's no error message bouncing back.

This is an absolute shambles.

And if VirginMobile know they've got a problem, why have they not put a message to say that messages to skymobile users are not being sent?

At least if I'd known of the problem it would have saved a lot of problems.

What's your excuse for this shambolic service Virgin Mobile?

ggoodwin
On our wavelength

Are all the people you can't send messages to on SkyMobile?

Virgin seem to know they have a problem in not sending messages to SkyMobile users.

Would have been nice if they'd bothered to tell us about the problem wouldn't it?

ggoodwin
On our wavelength

Anyone doing anything about this problem?

Would have been nice if VirginMobile had told us about the problem.

ggoodwin
On our wavelength

Hello VirginMobile.  Anybody there??????????

Pathetic service

ggoodwin
On our wavelength

So many people with the same problem.

Then there's the people like me who had no idea that the texts we've been sending for the past week haven't been going through.

VirginMobile not even bothered to put a message out warning of the problem.    Poor, very poor.

ggoodwin
On our wavelength

No one can send texts from Virgin to Skymobile.

Been going on for a week.

VirginMobile not telling anyone about the problem.

Nothing done to fix it.

Shambles