cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS texts not sending to sky mobile numbers (RESOLVED)

Gaz102
Joining in

I have recently switched mobile provider from sky to virgin mobile, I kept my old number from sky everything seemed to be fine but since the number swith I can no longer text sky mobile numbers,  does anyone know why this is happening 

[MOD EDIT: 13/09 ( RESOLVED) Issue Sky Mobile customers cannot receive Virgin Mobile text messages under investigation. Multiple threads merged into one]

89 REPLIES 89

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @Digger1950.

I have passed this onto our 2nd line faults team to have the issues investigated further, I will be in touch with you as soon as I have any further updates.

Regards,

Steven_L

Do either sky or yourselves know what the issue is, and have a time scale to get it sorted?? 

I am still having the same problem, happens will three phone with Virgin SIMs and two phones on Sky. All Virgin phones in PO6 area of Portsmouth, but same problem with Sky phones in Horndean, Havant and Fareham. Understand Sky are on the case as well and have received a number of similar complaints.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us dispic1,

Just so we're covering all bases on our end I've dropped you a PM to discuss further.

You'll find the message within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

Hey @DavidP76,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post. I can looking into this further for you as well.

I will drop a private message over in a moment and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

fedupwithtech
Joining in

What is going on with texting to Sky Mobiles?  Since Tues lunchtime, none of my texts are being received to my friend on Sky Mobile?  They can text me, but received none of my messages, some of which were important. If you look at Sky Forum on this, same problem. Reported twice to Virgin and awaiting update. Is is Sky or Virgin?

Hallo, Ive had the same problem since Tuesday! It's taking far too long to sort out. When I called Virgin again today, they are going to escalate but 4 days of texts not working is very poor - have a look at the Sky Forum - that's how I found it was an issue and why is it taking soooo long to resolve with all the tech we have.  

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues faced fedupwithtech,

This is currently being investigated from both side.

Regards,

Kain

Hi fedupwithtech, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the service and this is not the experience which we want you to have. I will send you a private message to get some details. 

Chris

Well, I called Virgin Mobile yesterday and again today (they don't seem to have a clue this is happening) although chap today says he will escalate - maybe it's worth posting something on Virgin Mobile Website that this is happening as people don't realise it until they don't get a response to the text(s) they sent.  It's been happening since Tuesday for sure.  Thank you for the update though.