cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS texts not sending to sky mobile numbers (RESOLVED)

Gaz102
Joining in

I have recently switched mobile provider from sky to virgin mobile, I kept my old number from sky everything seemed to be fine but since the number swith I can no longer text sky mobile numbers,  does anyone know why this is happening 

[MOD EDIT: 13/09 ( RESOLVED) Issue Sky Mobile customers cannot receive Virgin Mobile text messages under investigation. Multiple threads merged into one]

89 REPLIES 89

Hello richardsch,

Thanks for your post.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with sending text messages to Sky Mobiles.
I'd like to take a look into this for you.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

There are now 36 replies on the same post on the Sky User Forum, obviously affecting a lot of people, many of whom are now slagging each supplier off for lack of progress.

Thanks for coming back to us @Digger1950.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

milair
Joining in

For the last few days every text I send to my Daughter, her husband or my Grandson are not being received. They are all on Sky mobile. I can receive texts from them. Everyone else I send texts to get them fine. I don't get any error messages and the text shows as sent. 

Anyone got any thoughts please ?

Thanks

John

Hello milair,

Sorry to hear of the text issues regarding sending messages to mobiles/SIM's using the Sky network. We understand the confusion this can cause and appreciate you raising this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

We have been made aware of an issue and the relevant team are liaising with Sky to investigate this further. I do need to get some more details from you to help wit the investigation and will send you a Private Message.

Thanks

Rob

dispic1
Tuning in

Since the beginning of this week any texts that I send to sky mobile number are not being delivered. They say Sent my end but they are not delivered. What is going on?? I've called and been told "the service is fine its not virgins fault" that is all well and good but it does not help me. Is anyone else having the same problem?? It really needs looking into and sorting. 

Yep got the same issue, been like it for days. It is not good enough whoever fault it is. 

Glad to hear that, at least it appears to be a network issue. It's got to be Sky as I have other contacts using the O2 network via Tesco Mobile and no probs there. Fingers crossed for a quick resolution.

Hi there @dispic1, welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see that the texts you are sending to a sky mobile are not going through. We can see that Sky are actively investigating this issue to see if this is an issue on their end.

We also have our support team investigating this on our end to ensure that this will be fixed asap. We will provide any updates to this as soon as they are available.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules