cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS History

JonoPod
Joining in

Is it possible to retrieve a history of SMS texts to the same Virgin number dating back over 5 years?

There some important family text from 2015 I'd like to access...

Cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JonoPod 

Thanks for your response. If you dig out an old handset there's a good chance that the device may keep the texts, there regardless of if the SIM is still in there or not. If I take the SIM out of my iPhone for example, I'll still be able to see every text I have sent 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JonoPod 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and a big warm welcome with this being your first post here.

Unfortunately unless your device has stored them and you can access them yourself, there's no way for us to pull a list of SMS texts as we have no access to see personal messages as such. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Thanks Travis

- but if I dig out an old handset I might be able to retrieve them? Would I need to install a SIM to do that? Problem is that SIM formats have changed (shrunk) since 2015!

Cheers

Jono

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JonoPod 

Thanks for your response. If you dig out an old handset there's a good chance that the device may keep the texts, there regardless of if the SIM is still in there or not. If I take the SIM out of my iPhone for example, I'll still be able to see every text I have sent 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team