cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM toolkit

Mysterbee
Joining in

I usually have to manually turn on international roaming using the SIM toolkit app. This time however the app has disappeared and so I cannot connect to any service. How do I get it back?

32 REPLIES 32

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Third post on the subject.

Not sure if anybody (including staff) knows the answer.

Suspect it is in preparation for making you an O2 customer and from that point it won't be needed.

But Virgin like to keep people in the dark.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mysterbee,

Thanks for your post, and welcome back to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear there have been some problems with your device's Roaming Service and SIM Toolkit. We've raised this to the relevant teams and it has been advised that @enlli's thoughts on this are correct. The SIM Toolkit is no longer available for any SIM that is on the O2 Network (whether directly with O2 or one of our Virgin Mobile SIMs) as it is no longer needed.

You can update your Roaming service directly in your My Virgin Mobile portal, by doing the following once you are signed in:

1. Select the Plans and devices tab
  2. Select the Manage services tab
  3. Turn ON roaming under the Going abroad
  4. Turn OFF international call barring under Call barring.

Please let us know if you continue to experience issues with your Roaming, and we'll be more than happy to help further.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi, those settings were already set up so not sure what else to do. Any other suggestions? I have no service at all atbyhe moment.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As it was a SIM update have you rebooted the phone? 

May also be worth taking the SIM out then reinserted it

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, yes I've tried all that but will do again cos you never know! Thanks.

Hi, still no service or any way of getting one. Any more suggestions or help you can give please?

Thanks for coming back to me @Mysterbee, and I'm sorry to hear that you're currently struggling to obtain a service currently.

Just to confirm, are you currently in the UK without service, or are you abroad without the services?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I'm in Guernsey at the moment which doesn't  count as UK!

Thanks for coming back to me @Mysterbee.

Can you confirm if you have previously requested that no premium charges are allowed to be used on your account, or if the spend cap is set to zero?

As Guernsey is not in the EU, you may be barred from using the services due to the alternative settings in place on your account.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn