cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM to be barred due to inactivity. Is making a phone call enough to stop the process?

Donyaaa
Joining in

Hi, I received a text from Virgin Media this morning which said:

"Hello, as we haven't noticed any recent activity on this SIM, we'll be barring services in 42 days. Need help? Call 789."

I topped my SIM, made a phone call, and sent two text messages using the SIM today. But, I'm not sure whether it's enough to stop the process of barring my SIM. This is the SIM I use for getting verification codes for my UK bank account and many other services and websites. So, I can't risk losing it. I can call the support team to make sure, but that's gonna cost me a lot of money as I am currently outside the UK. So, Does anyone know my answer here? I appreciate your help 🙂

2 REPLIES 2

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Donyaa

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding your SIM card being barred due to inactivity. The call you've made and texts you've sent should be enough to prevent the SIM from being barred, however I can doubel check this for you.

I will send you a private message for the details required to check this, please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner.

Best wishes,

Serena

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As this is a PAYG SIM and you require the number for banking I would suggest you consider moving your number away from Virgin in the near future as the PAYG service is being phased out between October and January.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks