cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM not working after arriving in Spain

dark007shade
Tuning in

Hi there,

I can't make calls or use mobile data on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S10) after arriving in Spain. I went through my settings to make sure roaming is on, as well as the ones on the Virgin Mobile website, and restarted the phone a few times, but no luck. Can you please help as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Tibby

9 REPLIES 9

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dark007shade

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 😊

I am sorry you are having some issues with your service whilst being in Spain. Can you please confirm the following:
Did you receive a text when you entered the country?

Have you tried to manually select the network?

Zoie

Hi Zoie,

Thanks for getting back me, I didn't receive any texts after arriving and turning off flight mode. And I was given the options below when manually selecting the network, but none worked.

• YOIGO
  • Orange SP
  • Movistar
  • vodafone ES

Kind regards, Thibagar

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming this,

Could you please toggle your roaming on and off again and do a reboot see if this helps 

Zoie

Hi Zoie,

I restarted the phone after turning it off and on, but it's still not working. Do I maybe need to change any other settings in the online Virgin Mobile portal? Right now I have Roaming on and International Call Barring off.

Kind regards, Tibby

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

If you could confirm if you have done the above? 😊

I am aware you have restarted this as you advised in your initial post. I need you to toggle the settings first then restart again to see if this works first.

Zoie

Hi Zoie,

Looks like that did something; I turned Roaming off and restarted the phone, then I turned Roaming on and restarted the phone again. It now says I'm connected to YOIGO, and I then received the Welcome to Spain text message. However, after I texted ALL to 789922 for the data and picture messaging service, I still can't use my data.

Kind regards, Tibby

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you so much for following the above, I am glad you are now able to connect to the network.

As you are unable to use your data, I will need to take a closer look at this for you. I will pop you over a PM, so keep an eye out for the little envelope 📩

Zoie

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dark007shade,

Thank you for messaging with me, I am glad you managed to resolve this and all is working, please pop back if anything changes.

Zoie

Hi Zoie,

Will do, thanks again!

Kind regards, Tibby