Menu
Brim
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

SIM not valid

hello, after brilliant help from Emily G, I have now received my replacement SIM, The change over no worries only I now have a message SIM not valid. After reading the problems page I gather my phone is either locked to another provider or over the ten yrs old barrier. Who can I buy a simple mobile phone from or does Virgin resupply with the sim card? I do not wish to up-grade to a 'better' phone as it does not suit my purpose. (I can be away from a charge point for days at a time) the phone is a Nokia 100. any advice will be gratefully recieved.  

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: SIM not valid

I'm very sorry about this Brim. 

If you're getting the error SIM not valid then you're right, it's most likely the handset is locked or due to the age of the phone it isn't compatible with the new SIM cards. 

With the Nokia 100 it is more than likely to be that the phones age is causing this. 

We can certainly offer some solutions from here including a possible replacement phone so I'll pop you a message now 🙂

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Glad we could help with this, do pop back if you have any further concerns @Brim 🙂

Emma_C - Forum Team
Brim
Joining in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi, a week ago I was offered either a £20.00 top up or a new virgin mobile to continue use with my new sim. I since have been sold a bad phone (a Turkey) I was just enquiring, if I could reverse my decision and take up the offer of a new phone and return the credit.   No matter what happens, I will buy a virgin phone to get up and running again, would I buy one from yourselves or point me in the direction of a reputable store. and one other thing, sorry for putting you through so much grief. 

brim.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

buy a sim free phone from amazon.
Then you get the phone you want that will work with any network without the inflated process of paying for it monthly
0 Kudos
Brim
Joining in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I was offered a energizer e12 which would have suited my purpose, do I have to look at locked or unlocked (the one just bought was alleged unlocked but still won't take the card) registered to virgin or any other server. Can you actually get anything today without being tied to someone's contracts, I am pretty tired of being confronted with term and conditions. Virgin staff have been really good, should have taken the phone. So, its just a sim free phone?

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Nokia 105 @ £17.29 from Amazon, Works

If you search there for Energizer Energy there are several to choose from, again all will work with Virgin or any other network apart from 3

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

yes you get unlocked phones.
I have the umidigi power 3. that's sim free/unlocked it will work on any network. Currently have a smarty sim in it that is really cheap
0 Kudos
Brim
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks will check it out, its not that I am a luddite, I can spend two - four days away from a charge point (or electricity as we know it) so a new phone would last a day with the roaming. Needed an old battle stock not a flying machine.  bought a nokia 105. thanks all.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Brim

Sorry you're not happy with the phone you purchased, can I ask which one you went for? 

If you still wish to discuss other options pop me a personal message and we'll see what we can sort. 

Thanks 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos