cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM missing in post

Nathan11
Joining in

I need a replacement SIM for the one lost in the post and keep my number please. My number has been automatically switched to the SIM lost in the post so now I can't text or call.

Thanks for your help!

5 REPLIES 5

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Nathan11, 

I'm sorry to hear that you have not received a recent SIM that we sent out in the post for you. 

We can certainly get a replacement sent out for you but in order to do that I will need to pass data protection with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Nathan11, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this via private message. 

It's no problem at all - thanks for updating us. 

If you need anything from us going forward then just give us a shout. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, 

My sim has been deactivated but I haven't received my new sim yet so I can't text or call.

My sim has been received at my parents house in the UK but I am in Portugal currently so they have posted this out to me. Unfortunately I haven't received this yet as post can take a while to get here.

Are you able to reactivate my sim until I receive the new one?

Thanks 

Samantha

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Samgod85 wrote:

Hi, 

My sim has been deactivated but I haven't received my new sim yet so I can't text or call.

My sim has been received at my parents house in the UK but I am in Portugal currently so they have posted this out to me. Unfortunately I haven't received this yet as post can take a while to get here.

Are you able to reactivate my sim until I receive the new one?

Thanks 

Samantha

You cannot have two sims active at the same time, whatsapp will work via WiFi without a sim, that's probably the way to go

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Samgod85,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

Really sorry about the mixup there, unfortunately if there has been a new SIM ordered, any previous SIM cards would be deactivated.

During this time you may need to use Apps via Wi-Fi as @dannylau has advised.

Apologies,

Kain