cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM issues

Johnnyb2
Joining in

My phone keeps getting voicemail alerts from virgin and base and keeps showing me Refreshing SIM data message.

I cant log onto my account because I forgot my password and my phone wont receive messages.

I think I need a new SIM, how do I do this as I am not in the uk?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for coming back to us @Johnnyb2, I will send over a private message in a moment, please respond to that and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Johnnyb2,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your sim card at the moment. 

To get a new sim card, whilst you're outside the UK would require the sim card can only be posted to a UK address and the sim has to be activated in the UK and then sent onto you but as soon as the new sim card is activated, your current sim will cease to work and you will have no services till the new sim card is put into your handset. 

I can look into this further for you and get a new sim sent out but I have to advise the above. If you'd like me to take a look at this for you, please let me know and I will send over a private message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven,

Yes, please send me a new SIM card.

What information do you need from me?

Kind regards 

John Reynolds 

Thanks for coming back to us @Johnnyb2, I will send over a private message in a moment, please respond to that and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @Johnnyb2.

I have arranged for a new sim card to be sent to your home address and that should be there in the next 3 to 5 days, just to confirm this will need to be activated within the UK before being sent outside the country. 

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven,

That's great thank you very much.

You're very welcome @Johnnyb2 and please let us know, if you have any further issues, once you have got your new sim card.

Regards,

Steven_L