cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM WONT CONNECT

jpbuc1982
Joining in

I have a virgin sim that is not working.

It has installed correctly but won’t connect to any provider.

20 REPLIES 20

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jpbuc1982,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some Mobile issues with your SIM card! I can understand how frustrating this can be.

Can you tell us what phone model you have so we can advise further? 

Is this a new SIM card that you're having issues with? When did you receive this SIM card and did you have issues from the beginning?

Please let us know so we can help further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It’s an eSIM

iphone SE 2020 model

Thank you for your response

Just to confirm, Is this a new sim card that you're having issues with? When did you receive this sim and did you have issues from the beginning? Also when inserting the sim, do you get an error message regarding the sim?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Akua_A wrote:

Thank you for your response

Just to confirm, Is this a new sim card that you're having issues with? When did you receive this sim and did you have issues from the beginning? Also when inserting the sim, do you get an error message regarding the sim?

Thanks,

Customer said it's an eSIM 

Not sure if there are new eSIMs being authorised on Virgin at the moment

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for clarifying this @enlli

Just to confirm, when activating your e sim @jpbuc1982, did you receive an email with the eSIM details and QR code to scan to activate it on your device? If not you can sign in or create a Virgin Media online account to access your eSIM QR code at virginmobile.co.uk/youraccount. This will allow you to read the eSIM to your current device if you need to reset it or move your mobile service to a different eSIM compatible device. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Still not working

Sim activated via photo and uploaded onto phone.

no signal.

Thank you for letting me know @jpbuc1982

In this case, I have sent you a private message to further look into this. Please look out for the purple envelop and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not sure when the eSIM was issued but this was posted on the forum a couple of weeks back by a member of the team

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the community

As advised, we are not currently offering the eSim for new orders but if this changes we will be sure to keep you updated here

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks