cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Card Replacement outside UK

LightRoberto
Tuning in

Hi,

I received a text message from VirginMedia saying it tried to update the network settings since I'm outside of UK (Portugal). Unfortunately, the update was not successful and in order to keep enjoy roaming services I need to request a new SIM card.

I'm currently working in Portugal and won't be able to return U.K given the current restrictions. I'm unable to update my address given it only recognize UK postcode. Would it be possible to assist me by sending the SIM card to Portugal?

Many thanks,

Roberto

4 REPLIES 4

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello
I am afraid that VM cannot send out a SIM when you are not in the UK, even if they could I am afraid that as all SIMs are not activated when sent out, they will only activate when connected to their home UK network, the only way around this is for VM to send the SIM to a family member or friend and for them to place in an unlocked phone to activate it and then for them to forward the activated SIM to you, the problem you will have is that once the new SIM is activated you will be without services until you receive the new one.

Can you let the forum know if this can be done and then a member of the VM forum team can arrange the replacement to be sent to a UK address.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Mike

Yes, I can arrange a friend of mine to receive and activate the card.

Where should I provide the address? 

Thanks 

Roberto 

Hello

I will get a VM staff member to get to the post.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @LightRoberto

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here. 

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with your SIM, but we can certainly help with this. 

As @DJ_Shadow1966 highlighted, we can't send the SIM abroad but more than happy to send it to a UK address. 

I will pop you over a PM so we can get this arranged for you, please look out for the purple envelope at the top right hand corner of your screen as this will take you to PM's. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide