cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

Deemal
Joining in

Hi I’m trying to turn on roaming from my account but it says there are difficulties at the moment and an error message comes up Ec9999. I’ve set my mobile as turned on on my device, will this still work in the EU or do I still need it turned on in my account. Thanks for any help

5 REPLIES 5

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Deemal, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues roaming that you are facing.
Since our migration to O2, there are some accounts that have had a soft lock applied on them, this is due to background issues with the migration.
Should your account be affected by this, and by the looks of it - it does seem to be the case, we require a period of 30 days to fully migrate and transfer everything from our end to O2.
Once this is completed, then roaming will be enabled on the account.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Deemal
Joining in

Thanks Ilyas_Y it’s my husbands phone but under my account, and he’s off to Spain today. So does that mean he won’t be able to use his phone to call now? Or will he be charged for any usage ? Thanks again, I take it that there’s no point in calling into the Virgin team? 

Thanks for the reply @Deemal on the forums. 🙂

And yes, it would mean that there needs to be 30 days for the migration to go through fully before roaming can be activated.
This will be done automatically once the soft lock is taken off, something which is out of the hands for our agents and a restriction due to migration.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, I’m having the same issue with error EC9999, I’m currently in France in urgent need of my Mobile service, is there any way you can sort this out for me. Your reply would be hugely appreciated.

kind regards, Hakim Telmoune 

Hi HakimTel,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Since our migration to O2, there are some accounts that have had a soft lock applied on them, this is due to background issues with the migration.
Should your account be affected by this, and by the looks of it - it does seem to be the case, we require a period of 30 days to fully migrate and transfer everything from our end to O2.
Once this is completed, then roaming will be enabled on the account.

Alex_Rm