cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

ralfsfeir
Tuning in

Hello 

I am in Martinique and received an SMS saying welcome to the US. I can't use my roam as from home. Martinique is French territory. Not sure what to do and can't find a chat box for Virgin.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ralfsfeir,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am incredibly sorry to hear that you're facing some issues using your mobile services outside of the UK. Did you request to activate your roaming services at least 24 hours before leaving the UK? There's a load of roaming advice detailed here.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Yes I did. Also spent hours yesterday with support to fix it. But still not working. Not sure what else I can do.

Hi ralfsfeir, 

Thanks for trying 

We can look at resetting your roaming from here 

But it may still be the same as we can only connect to the local networks when out of the UK

Can you let me know if you wish to go ahead and pass security

Gareth_L

Thank you for your reply Gareth. Yes please we never know. Thx

Hi ralfsfeir, 

I have sent you a private message 

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hey there,

While I am satisfied with the customer service and you trying to sort the roaming for me in Martinique I must say I am disappointed with the roaming not working in a French territory. The reason I got engaged with Virgin for a year is for the roaming service. Unfortunately it didn't work when I needed it and can't trust it, not sure if someone can looking into this as it must impact other users? Is it mobile related or is it providers deal you have with in that zone? I hope I didn't get charged roaming fees while in Martinique. Thank you 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Ralfsfeir, 

I am sorry to hear you feel this way, as much as we would love our service to be at fault free we cannot guarantee it will be. If the country you visited is listed under our free-roaming and you are charged we will look at rectifying this.

Zoie