Menu
Highlighted
V-M
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Roaming

I tried to switch on the roaming service about 3 days ago, but only to find that it actually got switched off for some reasons yesterday (but I did double check that I when I tried to switch on the roaming, I did request a switch on rather than off). So I tried to switch on the roam yesterday again but not sure whether it's working or not. But today I got a couple quite important call need to make and only to find that my phone doesn't let me make any calls nor receive any calls. I'm in Spain right now and cannot use my data nor make any calls...

Could someone provide any help please?

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Roaming

Did you get a welcome to Spain text on arrival? you can manually search for networks in the hour that one connects.

If roaming isn't working you may need someone from vm to manually reset it. 

Possibly if you are on wifi, you can try Skype, WhatsApp or similar. Obviously both sides need to be using the app. 

V-M
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thank you for the response. I normally do get a welcome message, but not this time. I tried to contact the VM team and the 789 number and the +447458333789, but both showed message: not registered on network, and wouldn't dial out. Later I found out that I cannot make any calls, use my data, I cannot even receive calls either... Have managed to get in touch through the chat function, and they said they have left a message for an immediate respond or similar sort. But not sure how long it's gonna take... I managed to borrow a phone from the locals for a couple of minute just to receive the call, but still, hope someone can sort this out ASAP...
0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Switching the roaming on the account page can take 24 hours to reach the local networks. Best bet is to regularly try to manually connect. If successful you should get the welcome text. Alternative is getting vm to reset their end.

V-M
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi thank you for the response. I think one of the issue is that I cannot call VM team from my phone at all, tried 789 and +447458333789, just couldn't get through... So I cannot even get them to reset it
0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hopefully one will be along soon to assist. 

V-M
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Update - Roaming

Update: Not sure if or when the VM team gonna see this. But this is now definitely past another 24 hrs, and my phone still doesn't work, cannot call, cannot receive calls, cannot use my mobile data.

0 Kudos
V-M
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Update: the problem has solved now, the problem seems to be that my phone used to be able to connect automatically to oversea network operator, but not this time and I need to manually do so myself by search available ones first, and then select one from what comes up
0 Kudos
Cornfoot
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi can someone help me? I am currently in Spain and cannot use my mobile..I know I have to go into Virgin Mobile Website and turn in roaming but unfortunately I have forgotten my log in details and I am unable to receive the log in reset text....could this be sent by email??

Thank you

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cornfoot, 

Thank you for getting in touch and welcome to the Community. 

If roaming is not enabled, we would need to access your account to get it set up. 

I will pop you over a private message to grab some details and we can go from there. 

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos