cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming won’t turn on.

Stuckabroad1
Joining in

I’m about to go abroad, I tried turning my roaming on, it won’t let me. Something about a soft lock, which I’ve read is something I can’t do anything about. 
This is completely unacceptable, virgin media is leaving me stranded in a foreign country with no wifi, I’m terrified. I’m not entirely sure how I’m going to get home since I need wifi to rebook my flight. 

Not to mention the fact I’ve just spent over 2 hours waiting on a live chat only to find out that an hour and 15 minutes of that was wasted because the office was closed and I was never told. I have never been so furious at Virgin media, I’ve had nothing but good things to say about it up until here but now I will be looking elsewhere. Thanks for leaving me stranded. 

1 REPLY 1

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Stuckabroad1 👋 welcome to community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about these issues with your Roaming settings whilst abroad! Just so you know Wi-Fi should not be directly linked to your roaming settings, so even if these are not working you would still be able to connect to local Wi-Fi networks to access internet and rebook a flight if needed! Your roaming settings may just prevent you from connecting to the local international mobile signal, and any 3G/4G/5G services available. 
Sincerest apologies for your experience via live chat when contacting us outside of operating hours - we appreciate this must be frustrating! We can offer further support now via community PM to confirm a few account details, investigate further and offer support. You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly