Menu
rothbard
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Roaming problems

My wife and I are travelling in Italy, and our Virgin roaming doesn't seem to be working. Roaming is enabled on both of our phones (and indeed it works if we replace the Virgin SIM card with a pay-as-you-go one from another company). When we landed in Italy we got the usual welcoming texts, however we cannot use the internet. 

We have rebooted both phones several times, and taken the batteries out, but that didn't work. We tried texting "ALL" to 789922, but never received the configuration messages (MMS messages while roaming are enabled on both of our phones). 

Is there anything else we can do? Thanks.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Roaming problems

I suggest you post your query in the Virgin Mobile section of the forum, rather than broadband. You will likely get a better response there.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

i'll have it moved since creating duplicate is against the forum rules

--------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up on kudos. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution, but only do this once issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos
rothbard
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help. Apologies for posting in the wrong section.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there rothbard, welcome to our forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you and your wife have been having using the service abroad. 

I'm going to pop you a private message so i can assist further.

Thanks

Nathan B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
rothbard
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nathan, I replied to your message last week, however I haven't heard back from you, and my wife and I still don't have any roaming access. I texted +447533016422 a week ago, and someone said they would "activate" the service for us, which would take 24-48 hours, but we still don't have access. Just to remind you, roaming is enabled on both my phone and my wife's phone.

On the whole, we are very disappointed with the service.
0 Kudos