cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming not working - can't call even the support phone

NomadicAG
Tuning in

Hello! I've spent 4 months in Slovakia this year and my service was working excellent, roaming through the local Orange network tower. Last week I went for a trip to Latvia and after the return my roaming worked for about 4 hours and then disappeared completely. I've been with no connection for 4 days now. I'd love to call the help centre but sine I have no reception I can not do that. And I don't have anyone here to borrow their Slovak number to call abroad for a cost. I've tried all the possible suggestions about resetting an manual network choice etc. nothing works. And I can not find and email or live chat or anything like that to contact Virgin, apart from a telephone number which is useless at the moment. I seriously need some help here to get in touch to see if this can be fixed.

Thanks

Arta

5 REPLIES 5

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi NomadicAG, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for getting in touch 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues using the roaming service. 

I appreciate you have advised you have tried a few steps yourself but just to confirm, when you go to manually select a network, are you provided with different options or are there no networks showing available?

Thanks 

Nat

Hi! Yes, there are options offered when I try manually to pick the network. There are 3 showing and the only one that usually works in this area (I know this from people who live here) is Orange, and it does come up but when I try to connect - no signal at all. And that's the one that was working perfectly fine for 4 months before. My partners phone has the same problem but her phone (Samsung) says "your sim card does not support a connection with Orange" when she tries to connect to it manually. My iPhone says nothing - just does not work.

I recently got a replacement sim card because of the changes in roaming that are coming (I was told I couldn't use my old one after the October). I activated this new sim card coupe of weeks ago and everything was fine. I don't know if that's somehow connected at all but thought to mention it in case it is.

Thanks for getting back to us NomadicAG,

Can you please confirm that the new SIM was activated in the UK?

Alex_Rm

No, it was activated while here in Slovakia. I did that around 3 weeks ago and everything worked fine until this Monday.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry about this NomadicAG. I'd like to take a closer look into it, please get back to me via PM (the purple envelope icon) and we'll do all we can to help. 

Tom