cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in Spain

russmclean
Tuning in
  1. Can someone help me. All settings fine on my phone. Can’t connect to any Spanish network. Been into my account. Roaming is switched on. Please can someone help? Stuck without calls or internet. 
16 REPLIES 16

Hi Natalie

of course being a seasoned traveller, my roaming has been switched on since becoming a virgin customer. I am getting more frustrated as the days go on. It would seem that there is something wrong with the sim card, as it is unable to connect to any network, either automatically or manually. Are you sure you have the correct information for the SIM card on your systems?

I have just had to spend £30 Euros on a Spanish SIM card to get connectivity and to enable family to call me. To say that I’m not a happy chappy, is quite an understatement. What more can you do?

And of course it was originally activated online. It has previously worked in Pakistan and in Morocco

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply and for confirming. 

I can see my colleague has attempted to amend the settings and refresh them from our side but this has not worked.

Unfortunately, when roaming, we are limited on what we can do once outside of the UK. 

When do you return to the UK please? 

Thanks

Nat

In ten days when i return, i will be expecting some form of compensation and a refund for the period where I was unable to use my phone. You have caused me unnecessary stress.

Whilst I fully appreciate that you are limited as to how you are able to assist, I am assured by a Samsung retailer, that your sim card is where the fault lies.

I will be terminating my contract with you upon my return.

We are sorry to hear this russmclean,

This will be the last thing we want to happen. Once you are back in the UK, please come back to us and we will discuss this further with you.

Kind regards Jodi. 

I return on the 16th May when I  look forward to receiving a call from a senior customer service agent who has a good command of English and who is authorised to discuss compensation.

Lord Russ McLean 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi russmclean

Thank you for getting back to us and confirming your return date. 

Although we would be unable to arrange a call back from here, we can assist you further. 

I will pop you over a private message now for you to pick up on your return. It will request some details so that we may locate your account and then we can continue from there. 

Thank you.

Nat