cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in Spain

russmclean
Tuning in
  1. Can someone help me. All settings fine on my phone. Can’t connect to any Spanish network. Been into my account. Roaming is switched on. Please can someone help? Stuck without calls or internet. 
16 REPLIES 16

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, russmclean,

Thank you for your post. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your phone.

Have you rebooted your phone and manually selected a network?

Did you receive a text when you landed from us?

Zoie

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For Android:
Select Apps from the Home Screen
Select SIM Toolkit Icon (or Virgin)
Select Roaming
Select Select Mode
Select Manual
Select International-you are done, go back to Home Screen

To Switch back when in the UK:
Select Apps from screen
Select Virgin SIM Toolkit Icon
Select Roaming
Select Select Mode
Select Automatic and go back to Home Screen

For iOS:

Sime Iphones this is found under Connections. I'm  sure you will find it

Select Settings from the Home Screen
Select Phone Icon
Select SIM Applications
Select Roaming
Select Select mode
Select Manual
Select International and you are done, go back Home screen to retry

To change back when returning to the UK:
It is critical that you set the SIM roaming applet back to Automatic mode once in the Uf Settings > Mobile Data > Sim applications
Select SIM Applications
Select Roaming
Select Select mode

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hiya thanks so much for taking the time to reply. No . I didn't receive a text from you. I've checked and double checked all my settings and they are all correct.  I am not able to manually select any mobile network. It says that my sim.card cannot register in that network.  I am struggling here. Never ever had this problem.  Not even travelling to Morocco and Pakistan. I'm devastated because I need to keep in touch with work and family. Can you help me?

Thanks for coming back to us @russmclean, I have refreshed your handset on our network, please can you turn your handset off and back on again, hopefully this will resolve your issues, if not, we can get this looked into further. 

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks. Tried all that on arrival. It didn't work for me.

Hi Stephen

I am using a Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5g. 

I have refreshed your profile on our system @russmclean, if you can try to connect to a network now, it should hopefully work for you.

Thanks

Steven_L

Hiya Stephen so firstly thanks for trying to help. It is definitely a sim.card issue as the message says your simcard cannot be connected to any network. Tried five manually. All my settings are ok. My roaming is on in the app and on my phone but still no joy. Is there anything further you can do to help?

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you russmclean. 

Can you please confirm when roaming was activated and was this completed online? 

Nat