Joining in

My Son is in Magaluf and has no network 

All settings appear to be correct can anyone give me any help 

Thanks 👌 

Kev

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Can you possibly pass this onto him, and give this a try;

-Head over to “Settings” from the home screen of your iPhone.

-In the settings menu, scroll down and tap on “Cellular” to proceed

-Next, choose the “Network Selection” option located below the Personal Hotspot setting as shown in the screenshot below.

-Here, you’ll see that network selection is set to Automatic. Tap once on the toggle to change it to manual.

-You’ll need to wait for a few seconds for all the available networks to show up. Now, simply select your carrier or partnered network provider for international roaming and you’re good to go.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Evening @Polybloke1978, thanks for your post on our Community Forums.

Sorry to hear that your son is unable to gain access to the services whilst overseas.

Can you tell me if roaming was active on the phone before he left the UK?

Does this issue happen in all locations in Magaluf?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David 

Thanks for your reply, yes was setup before leaving, he was in Rhodes 6 weeks ago and all worked fine all he has is hotel wifi I got him to try changing the sim settings from auto to manual and set to international a hour or so ago but that made no difference, really need to get sorted as his mate had his phone nicked so kind of relying on it now

Thanks 

Kev

Thanks for coming back to us @Polybloke1978, has he attempted a manual network search to see if he can connect to a different provider to gain access to his services?

Do you know if he has been able to test the phone in alternative locations to gain coverage?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

He has tried his phone in different locations but no joy 

I'm not sure if he knows how to manually search  its an iPhone 

Thanks 

Kev

Can you possibly pass this onto him, and give this a try;

-Head over to “Settings” from the home screen of your iPhone.

-In the settings menu, scroll down and tap on “Cellular” to proceed

-Next, choose the “Network Selection” option located below the Personal Hotspot setting as shown in the screenshot below.

-Here, you’ll see that network selection is set to Automatic. Tap once on the toggle to change it to manual.

-You’ll need to wait for a few seconds for all the available networks to show up. Now, simply select your carrier or partnered network provider for international roaming and you’re good to go.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David 

Thanks for all the info 

He has 4 providers come up

Which should he pick? 

YOIGO

MOVISTAR

ORANGE SP

VODAFONE ES

Sounds like he has tried all but not sure if the signal is any good?

Thanks 

Kev

Has he been able to obtain a connection with any of those options?

If he can, this would be best to utilise at no extra cost due to Spain being in the EU.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn