cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in Isle of Man not working

PRG2
Tuning in

Dear Virgin Mobile,

I've just arrived in the Isle of Man and have no phone service at all. When I found these help pages I find that this is a problem that has been going on for years with numerous posts.

I find it amazing that you've not managed to fix this problem after all of this time and that customers keep having the same issue!

94 REPLIES 94

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @philguk,

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. We're always working on improving our services. I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with this.

We will update you on this further when we can.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

philguk
On our wavelength

OK, I’m about to head to the Isle of Man again

Has this issue with roaming been resolved yet??

Thanks

HI philguk, thanks for the message. There may be an issue and will send you a private message so that this can be looked into further. Please look out for the purple envelope. ^Chris

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@philguk wrote:

OK, I’m about to head to the Isle of Man again

Has this issue with roaming been resolved yet??

Thanks

Just make sure the roaming settings in the SIM  toolkit are set to International

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

philguk
On our wavelength
I got your pm, but uneasy about providing security info to a “random” person…..

philguk
On our wavelength
I tried that international setting last time, but people could not call me!

HI Phil, I can assure you that it is not a random person and you can view the forum team on the following link - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk - Chris

Sorry for the mega delay in replying.

Yes, I have checked and all seems as it should be.

I'm traveling to the IOM tomorrow but wonder what I will find.

WF.

Hi @wilber_force,

We have some tips here that may help 

If you have any issues, let us know. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I'm afraid that no matter how many times I've tried to get this from work, I am still getting no network.

I have set the Network selection to manual, selected one of the options, will, actually tried all available and nothing. 

Followed the guidance here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/Channel-Islands-and-Isle-of-Man-roaming-tips/ba-p/...

Nothing.

Luckily I can see the hotel WiFi and can communicate with my family that way using WhatsApp. 

Is it my phone or SIM card?