cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in Greece

TheGreatTony
Joining in

For about the past year, whenever I'm in Greece, the data connection is quite unstable. The best I can sum it up is, I can only use one app (that uses internet) at a time. If I switch to another app it stops working even though the signal is fine. I have to deactivate data, and then reactivate so i can use the app. But the problem continues. A SIM from another provider works fine on same device. I tried the SIM on another device, and it had the same issue. I ordered a new SIM card and went to Greece again, the problem continued.

5 REPLIES 5

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @TheGreatTony (awesome screen name btw) and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of this error with the handset whilst away in Greece - must say it's certainly a strange one!

Can you possibly advise me what handset you're currently using and if you're currently working with the latest software?

Does this happen in all locations whilst in Greece? Has this issue ever been replicated in a different part of the world (inc UK)? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi,

Thanks for replying

It's Oneplus Nord N10 5G. Always updated. I even had a few sessions with virgin support to go through all the usual steps.

Yes, same happens in all locations in Greece. I was on mainland and north of the country.

I was in Belgium once for a few days, I can't remember 100% if it was working properly, but I think it was working fine.
Works fine in UK.

Thanks for coming back to us @TheGreatTony, can you possibly advise me if you're currently in Greece and are in a position to replicate this fault currently, as well as offer time stamps as to when this error occurs? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi,

No, I'm in the UK now.

The days I was in Greece and the issue existed:

21/04/2022 - 08/05/2022
01/01/2022 - 09/01/2022
20/11/2021 - 05/12/2021
30/05/2021 - 13/06/2021

And now I remembered on 20/05/2021 I received a new SIM to get 5G.
I went to Greece and the issue appeared.
I got a new SIM again in January '22. I went to Greece in April '22 and the issue was still there.
And I never got 5G anywhere in Greece - not sure if Virgin has an agreement with the providers there to allow it.

(I also tried setting the data to up-to 4G, it did not work)

Thanks for coming back to me @TheGreatTony.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me and I'll seek to raise an IT ticket to have this fed back for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn