cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in Greece

Grabo1530
Joining in

I am going on holiday to Greece and unsure just how  the roaming works .

I have unlimited minutes /texts,and 3gb data. 

When I'm there in Greece ,if I use my sim to call  home Uk is it included in my minutes and free .

If I call a Greece number from my sim while there is that also included in my minutes and free .

I know I've got roaming but not sure if its just to ring Greece to Greece. Greece to Uk both or still get charged for either /any

Also do incoming calls from the UK cost to answer ?

Sorry if it seems a thick question !

5 REPLIES 5

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Grabo1530

Welcome to the community!

Your plan will work as normal whilst you are in Greece, this includes calls/texts to the UK and calls/texts to Greece sims/numbers.

You can see all this information and more about how to set up your phone for roaming abroad in our roaming hub here. Further FAQ's can be found here.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to come back to us in the forums, we'll be here to help if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thanks for the answer @Carley 

I have already set my phone for roaming as per the directions on those links. 

It was the fact that if I ring  UK to UK when in the UK  I'm not charged when I ring Greece from the UK   I'm charged .

I thought it would only be ringing either Greek numbers or UK numbers that were part of my allowance not both .

Thanks 

Again 

Grabo

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Set a PIN for your Voicmail before you go if you want to pick up messages 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Enlli

I have my voicemail permanently disabled .But thanks for the advice .

Hi Grabo1530,

If you do need any further help around Roaming you can find everything out here.

If you do need anything else please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

paul.