cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in Gaudeloupe

trogstar
Tuning in

Hello, having transited through Paris in France (where my roaming worked correctly) I am now in Guadeloupe but my roaming service thinks I’m in the USA.

Searching the forum shows @gregenia had a similar issue: “Bad roaming location on ‎14-12-2021 04:11”

Please advise.

12 REPLIES 12

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi trogstar

Thanks for your post 

This may well down to the local network the Island Guadeloupe is actually situated 

Are you able to get on the Netwwok, make calls etc 

Gareth_L

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I can access several networks: SFR, F-Orange and Digicel. Digicel registers but only as a 3G signal though. The other two don’t provide a data signal at all.

My partner uses a different service provider and their roaming service is working correctly, registering that we are in the EU, not the USA.

Thanks.

I should add that my partner’s roaming service is using the local Digicel network.

Thanks for the update trogstar

Can you try a hard reset on the phone then manually search for a network

Gareth_L

I have manually selected each of the local networks and then hard reset for each.

Only Digicel provides a data signal. It’s limited to 3G. The same network on my partner’s phone has a 4G connection.

Thanks trogstar

Sadly we are unable to diagnose any issues when it comes to roaming unless its not working at all

Then we can look at a few ways to activate it 

However with this instance its just a bit beyond us 

Sorry 

Gareth_L

That’s disappointing. But I appreciate your help so far.

How was the issue resolved for the user I linked in my first post? Can you check that?

Do you have the link please trogstar as the username brought nothing up 

Gareth_L

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Gareth_L  All I could find  Went to PM

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Bad-roaming-location/m-p/4886706

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks