cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming charges (2022)

JohnC1900
Joining in

Now that EE (aka BT) have announced they will reintroduce roaming charges at £2 per day, will Virgin Mobile be charging for use within the EU within the next 24 months?

4 REPLIES 4

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That is a question that at this stage Virgin are never going to answer. Commercial decisions are never advertised before hand.

However, by the end of this year Virgin will be using Vodafone not EE

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Also the use of the EE or Vodafone network is for UK coverage only.

Virgin Mobile have their own roaming agreements for international use that aren't directly connected what their UK coverage provider does.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

cje85
Trouble shooter

@JohnC1900 wrote:

Now that EE (aka BT) have announced they will reintroduce roaming charges at £2 per day, will Virgin Mobile be charging for use within the EU within the next 24 months?

No network can make that guarantee. The EU directive preventing roaming charges no longer applies in the UK so networks are free to reintroduce them at any time. No one wanted to be first but now EE has done it I expect the others will gradually follow. 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin's roaming base partner is Proximus of Belgium. 

They will be governed by their wholesale charges

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks