cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming abroad

donnalouisecarp
Joining in

Hi! 

I'm away in Italy and have no signal or roaming. I've turned it on and off, it just doesn't seem to have changed. I then tried to access my account and the website keeps telling me that my account can't be accessed; I need to be able to use my phone! 

7 REPLIES 7

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @donnalouisecarp, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

Can you please firstly confirm if you turned on your mobile roaming before you left the UK, or did you turn this on once you landed? 

Many thanks

Tom_W

Yes I did 

Hi donnalouisecarp, 

Thanks for coming back to Tom on this one. I'm really sorry but can you confirm which question you're answering yes too as I can see Tom asked you 2 questions 🙂 

Thanks, 

Kath

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes to both 

Hi donnalouisecarp, 

I am sorry, the answer to the questions can be either or and not yes to both. 

Did you turn on the roaming when in the UK before you left or did you turn on the roaming after you had arrived in Italy?

It's important we know when this was done as this could be why you're having the issues you are having. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi, I put it on before I left as advised online, I then retried putting it on after being here a few hours because it wasn't working 

Hi donnalouisecarp, 

Thanks for coming back and expanding on that. 

Is your phone connecting to any Network at all? If not, please try doing a manual search and joining a network to see if this forces a connection. 

Keep me posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team