cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming While In Spain

Neil1066
Joining in

My wife and I are both with Virgin Mobile and are currently in Spain. For the two weeks since we’ve been here, our incoming calls have been silent, once they are answered and then disconnect. We have tried calling each other, they ring, are answered, silence then line goes disconnected after 15 seconds or so. 

14 REPLIES 14

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Neil1066

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry about the phone roaming issue. Is this just affecting calls, or SMS/data affected too?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Just calls, data and texts are fine. 

Thanks for coming back to me. Can you do a manual network search for me on the handset to see if this works?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi. 

it’s with Movistar - who do you suggest we try using ?

365FD86B-AFC5-4881-AF98-510D6DDE2F99.png

Try them all 🙂 Let me know how you get on. Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Ok so we both tried all, some just wouldn’t work but on YOIGO we could call each other but when I call my wife she can hear me but I can’t hear her, when she calls me, same result, she can her me but me not her. I’ve a iPhone 13 mini, hers is a iPhone SE 2021. 

Thanks for coming back to me Neil1066. I shall now send you a PM as there are a few things we can try but I'll need to access the account.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Hi @Neil1066

Thanks for joining me on PM. Just to update the thread, the issue was resolved by a reset of the roaming feature 🙂

Have a great time away.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Hi team

we are back in Spain and not working again. 

neil