cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Help Needed

Dodo2606
Joining in

Hi 

I arrived abroad yesterday and had no service so double checked my account and data roaming wasn’t on so I put on and it said can take 24 hours which it has now been and still nothing.

I have used a hot spot to post this but can not call virgin as no signal.

can anyone help

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Dodo2606

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of the roaming issue. As it was activated outside the UK, there is a chance this may not work. Have you received a welcome SMS since last night? 

If not, what phone are you using please?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Dodo2606

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of the roaming issue. As it was activated outside the UK, there is a chance this may not work. Have you received a welcome SMS since last night? 

If not, what phone are you using please?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thank you for the reply, I have resolved the issue by changing apn to automatic?

Thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update Dodo2606,

I'm glad that is now sorted for you, if you do have anymore queries then be sure to pop back up again so we can advise further.

Take care,

Kain