Menu
HUMBERMAN
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Retrieve contacts

I dropped my mobile phone and although the actual screen did not crack, the inner screen sort of pixilated, obscuring parts of messages and of course numbers.

I bought a new phone and took my Virgin card out and put it in the new phone.  I thought all my contacts/numbers would appear but none have.  I can't look at my old phone to copy them down on paper because I cannot see the full numbers.

Is there any way to retrieve these numbers please?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Retrieve contacts

Hi Humberman, 

I'm sorry that your phone has smashed and you've had to buy a new one, I can appreciate this has caused you some inconvenience. 

It sounds like your numbers were saved to your handset, is there any way of popping them back into your old handset and changing the settings so they're saved to your SIM so when you put it back in the new one your numbers are there?

If not and they're not backed up elsewhere then I'm afraid there wouldn't be another way. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
HUMBERMAN
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I can't read the old numbers because Most of the screen is damaged. I hadn't backed up the numbers because I chose not to open the phone up to the internet. I don't want the intrusion and distraction of the internet outside the house. I have now retrieved most of the numbers by responding to received texts and those I have still not got will eventually surface I guess. Ho hum.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sorry about that but I'm glad you have most of the numbers back. 

Another option for any missing ones would be to have a quick scan through your mobile bill and see if any you need are there. 

:) 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos