cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve Voice mail from a data sim

the_hidden_one
On our wavelength

I have received an iMessage telling me to access a voicemail message using 222. How do I do that from a data SIM? The SIM is in an iPad.

7 REPLIES 7

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @the_hidden_one

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Even though the data SIM is in the iPad, it's still a ringable number and if you've not given the number to anybody it's most likely a scam caller or similar which has left a voicemail.

You don't need to access it if you don't want too although it'd be a case of just dialling 222 from the iPad.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Travis for your prompt reply. I need to do some more research to find an app which will allow me to call from my iPad. I'm still a newbie with an iPad having acquired it from Virgin a couple of months ago. Cliff

Hi @the_hidden_one

After checking, the iMessage would of came through due to a voicemail being received on another iPhone logged in with the same AppleID as you have n your iPad. It's impossible to access voicemail on iPad.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Thanks Travis. Your reply is even more interesting as I don't have an iPhone. Time for me to do some research and check my security.
Regards
Cliff

Hi @the_hidden_one

Do you not have any other Apple products?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

I have an old MacBook Pro early 2011 which is now obsolete. It has not been used for sometime although it has the latest compatible macOS High Sierra (10.13.6) on it and will be converted to a Win10 laptop soon. However, it did appear in my iCloud account and will again if I connect it to the internet.

Regards,

Cliff

The voicemail is likely to just be a scam voicemail if you've provided no one with the number anyhow @the_hidden_one 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team