cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting SP Unlock code for Samsung E250

Torfee
Tuning in

Hello

Since the PAYG finished, I am left without a working mobile, but the Samsung E250 is still working perfectly well and I would like to continue using it. I phoned Virgin and they gave me two unlock codes to unlock the Network Code, but the handset needs another different code as there is a second lock on the phone, an 'SP Lock'.

Upon googling SP stands for Service Provider, therefore Virgin should give me that code after I give them the handset's unique IMEI number. I have phoned four times to Virgin, but no one there seems to be able to help; they just quote the two Network Unlock codes that they have already given me, therefore I cannot access the mobile with any other SIM than my Virgin one, which of course is now inactive.

I think I can go to a shop and buy this SP Code, but Virgin really should be providing it for free, especially as I am still a Virgin customer (Tivo, landline, broadband) for over 20 years.

Can anyone help with this?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is it asking for the SP code when you put in another network's SIM? Usually on these entry level phones only one code was provided. I also think there was a special way of entering these codes. Worth Googling instructions.

At the end of the day they simply may not have the code as the phones were produced 16 years ago.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is it asking for the SP code when you put in another network's SIM? Usually on these entry level phones only one code was provided. I also think there was a special way of entering these codes. Worth Googling instructions.

At the end of the day they simply may not have the code as the phones were produced 16 years ago.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Torfee, thank you for getting in touch and bringing this to our attention. 
Sorry to hear this has happened. 
Would you be able to confirm if you purchased the handset from us, and when this was?

Then we can offer further support with this! 

All the best. 

Molly

Yes, it is only asking for the SP Code with another network's sim - with the Virgin SIM, now I have been given the Network Unlock Code, I can open the phone and read old text messages etc (but obviously as the SIM is disabled I can't make/receive calls/txts), but with any other SIM I can't get past the opening 'SP Code' input screen.

I have googled instructions, and all of them point me to having to contact the Service Provider (Virgin) and get the SP Code from them after giving them the handset's IMEI number; otherwise I think I can pay to get the SP Code from a phone shop, but Virgin really should provide it for free - and the code should exist, as every phone has it's own unique IMEI number, which links to an unlock code.

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to reply 🙂

Thank you, Molly for your reply

Yes, I can confirm the handset was purchased from you. I have all the paperwork and the phone's box and info, but 'purchased' is probably the wrong word, as the phone was a promotion from you/Virgin, where you got the handset/mobile free, but paid for £20 airtime and £4.88 postage = £24.88 in total.

The promotion was 'Free Media PAYG phone offer (20 airtime)' with a product code of VIR-SPK-NEW-PAYG-4

The tax point date was 01/03/09 and the Virgin or 'Our Reference' was T0431548

If you need any more information then please ask

Thank you

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply Torfee.

I would like to take a look from our side so I am going to pop you over a private message to grab a few more details. 

I'll send this now and you should have access to the message via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat