Menu
aaronhance
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Replacement sim, can't send texts, make calls or use data.

I recently received my replacement sim after losing my phone. After losing my phone I reported it lost with Virgin Media and then brought a new one. I put the new sim into my new phone, it is detected as a Virgin sim and allows me to receive text messages, but I can't send text messages, make calls or use data. When I try to make a call it tells me that calls to this number are not currently being connected. Does the block also apply to my replacement sim? That would be a bit silly.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement sim, can't send texts, make calls or use data.

Hi aaronhance,

Welcome back to our community. Thanks for reaching out to us.

Sorry to hear about the lost phone. Good thing you already reported it so it will be blacklisted. If you reported a lost or stolen phone, we will not block the sim. We'd like to see what's going. Let's try doing manual network refresh.

Manual Network refresh:

• Switch handset to 2G only. This can usually be found by going to the "Settings" option within the menu of your phone
  • Manual network search and choose any other network except Virgin or EE e.g., O2, Vodafone etc. (will show unable to connect or Show no service)
  • Then manually search again and choose Virgin.
  • Then set back to 4G (if they are only on 3G tariff then choose 3G)
  • Reboot, make a test call. It should be working now.

Hopefully, this will fix the issue. Feel free to get in touch with us if you need anything.

Thanks,

Renan_G

0 Kudos
aaronhance
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement sim, can't send texts, make calls or use data.

I phoned the support number. They said it wasn't working because it was blocked, then they unblocked it and it started working fine.

0 Kudos