cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement SIM on emergency calls only

G4DDS
Well-informed

My SIM stopped working on Monday and I rang in and spoke to customer services who sent a replacement out. That arrived today and I have put it in but all I appear to have is emergency calls even after two hours and three reboots of my phone.

I noticed my old SIM was a purple colour and my new SIM is the latest red colour. Is it just taking a while to register or is there something wrong with my account especially as my old SIM unexpectedly stopped working.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: Ultimate Volt 1Gb
Equipment: 3 x V6, Hub 5
4 REPLIES 4

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi G4DDs, thank you for posting! Sorry to hear your issues have not been resolved with the replacement SIM. 

Would you be able to let us know what make and model handset you have currently? Are there any software updates that are required on your handset currently? 

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

It was definitely the SIM because I swapped it over to my father's phone on Monday and it failed to work in his phone (his SIM worked in my phone). On mine and my father's phone it came up with no SIM card inserted.

The new SIM is detected but says emergency calls only. It looks like some sort of account or configuration issue to me.

My handset is a Hafury GT20. I can't remember what my father's handset is.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: Ultimate Volt 1Gb
Equipment: 3 x V6, Hub 5

Thanks for confirming this, I will be happy to check this further for you so I will send you a PM to confirm your details so I can do this.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi all, just posting to update the thread.

This issue has now been resolved, @G4DDS please let us know if you need any help in future.

Regards

Nathan