cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement SIM does not work

user1359
Joining in

I received a replacement sim 24hrs ago - with the same number. however, the SIM does not work at all.

Virgin appears in the top left corner of the screen - so it at least connected. however, I cannot send or receive texts or phone calls and I have no data.

I also noticed that the information about my data is incorrect in settings, it says I have a 2GB allowance when I should have 30GB.

7 REPLIES 7

steven_qu
Joining in

I too have received a new SIM card that refuses to work for longer than an hour before requiring a reboot.  Virgin texted me to say they wanted to discus new plans with me but I texted NO as advised as I was happy with my existing PAYG (being a very infrequent user).  Two days later Virgin said they were sending me a new SIM due to the trouble I had experienced in  the Isle of Man or Channel Islands (I hadn't been to either places).  New SIM arrived and was activated but only worked for approx 3 hour before 'No Service' popped up.  Local signal is strong and I have to shut down phone and restart for another hour of use.  Contacted Virgin and they supplied another SIM.  Guess what - same problem!  Are Virgin trying to offload PAYG customers?

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @user1359 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your Sim. 

Please could you let me know the make and model of the phone you have? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @steven_qu

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you are also suffering with a similar issue to the original poster. 

Starting from October we are bringing to the end our PAYG services, this will conclude in January 2022. 

However this shouldn't currently effect your Sim, what handset are you currently using? Have you tried a manual network search? when you are not able to send texts or make calls what are you seeing on the screen signal wise? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

It's a Samsung S20 FE 5G

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mentalmazda

Have you tried the SIM in another device? Does the issue remain the same?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Update: the issue has been resolved. my number had been blacklisted as I had reported my phone missing. my number has now been unblocked

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @user1359

Thanks very much for popping back to update us on the issue regarding your replacement SIM, I'm really glad to hear your number is now unblocked and your phone is working again.

If there's anything else you need, please do get back in touch.

Kind regards,

Serena