cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement SIM (Virgin Mobile to O2)

amberry
Joining in

Hi

I renewed my Virgin Media package on the 23rd January and was told a replacement SIM would be sent (Virgin Mobile to O2). I've still not received the new SIM and then this morning i've received an email to say the Virgin Mobile SIM will be deactivated in 30 days.

I called the support telephone number but I was passed between Virgin Mobile and O2 teams, speaking to 6 different people who couldn't provide any help.

Please could you assist?

Many thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi amberry,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling to get some help with your new contract and package.

Can you please let us know when the package was put through and when you were advised that you've receive the SIM?

Also, did you request to have your Virgin Mobile number ported over to your new O2 SIM, or did you want to keep your existing Virgin Mobile number and SIM, but have the O2 SIM separately?

Thanks

Beth

Hi Beth,

Many thanks for the quick response.

The new package was agreed on the 23rd January (Oomph Unlimited to Ultimate Volt). I was just told to expect a new O2 SIM at some point, alongside details on what to do. No discussions took place around porting the number and I assumed that would be automatically sorted, but yes the Virgin Media number should be transferred to the new O2 sim.

Hi amberry,

Thanks for coming back to us.

I'm going to pop you over a private message so I can look into this for you and do my best to help.

Please  look out for my message over at the purple envelope 🙂

Beth