cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Esim

pcg33kuk
Dialled in

So yesterday afternoon, I received the below from Virgin Media, which I have taken to mean my number is been moved over to Vodafone

pcg33kuk_0-1641485727179.png

24 hours later no email, checked junk and my spam filters on my mail server, and no nothing, so I ring up to get an update, as normally (most normal networks do this about 30minutes after sending the text) 

Spoke to the most incompetent and useless agent (please send me a survey) who basically told me the text is a scam, and that I would never be getting a replacement esim as Virgin Media have canned them and that if I need a new sim for the network switch I will be sent a physical sim card... When I said I dont want a physical sim, she just repeated above... 

So what is it VM, are existing esim customers about to be thrown under the bus, because of your iffy network setup? or are the Manila Call Centre employees just crap and need retraining or sacking.... maybe look at replacing your current provider, I can recommend some good ones in the Philippines....  

28 REPLIES 28

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Although the text doesn't specifically say when the emails are going out, if there has been a delay to sending out the eSIM profile it won't affect your existing service yet.

In a similar way to physical SIM swaps, I'd expect you'll get a timescale in the email as to when you need to swap to the new profile, but that time period won't start until you get the email.

As for the agent conversation, not sure what happened there as although eSIMs aren't available for new swaps, existing customers like you who have an eSIM profile should have full support same as other customers who have a physical SIM.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

jlwarlow
Tuning in

I got the same message on Wednesday but no new QR code yet. Hoping it fixes my wifi calling issues and phone thinking all my numbers are Belgian!

HI jlwarlow

Sorry about this

So I can chase this u for you, I will need to pass security and check your account 

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

QR Code arrived last night.. 

But guess what, Oomph Customers are still stuck with 4G and no 5G option appears on the phone... 

What a bag of crock!!!

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @pcg33kuk

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Could you please reply to the private message you're in with my colleague currently? They'll be able to look into this and get this sorted.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You won't get 5G until you are migrated to Vodafone. I suspect the change in the eSIM allows for that to happen.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@pcg33kuk wrote:

QR Code arrived last night.. 

But guess what, Oomph Customers are still stuck with 4G and no 5G option appears on the phone... 

What a bag of crock!!!

What phone do you have and what does this coverage checker say about your coverage for 5g?

https://www.virginmedia.com/mobile/coverage-checker/5g-care

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Razr 5G

And it shouldn't matter if I am in a 5G area the option for 5G should be on the handset...

Just like every over MVNO or MNO that has 5G capability...

No one has sent me a PM - Travis

And NetMonster is reporting Vodafone as the underlying MNO 

pcg33kuk_0-1641894635556.png