cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refreshing sim data

Ks94
Joining in

Restarted my phone got a replacement sim and it still says refreshing sim data and my signal drops out aswell sim goes from saying virgin  and unknown number to unknown and unknown

7 REPLIES 7

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi, thank you for posting to bring this to our attention. 

Have you tried rebooting the handset since inserting the new SIM? If you perform a reboot this should help reset the connection to your local mast. 

If you could try the phone both inside and outside to let us know if you are having signal issues exclusively indoors. 

All the best. 

Molly

Its both inside and and outside signal just drops out i only get a wifi connection done reset multiple times 

Thanks for your post @Ks94,

Can you try the following for me?

1. Go to Settings

2. Click Connections

3. Click Mobile Networks

4. Click Access Point Names

5. In the top Right Corner click the three vertical dots

6. Click reset to default

7. Restart your device

See if the error message returns once the handset has fully loaded back up

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Nope still doing it 

Hi Ks94, 

Thanks for confirming this for us. We're sorry that the checks run so far haven't helped. 

Are you able to try another SIM in your handset to see if this connects? 

If so, it's also worth putting your current SIM in another device to see if this picks up the network. 

Let us know how that goes. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It picked up the network fine had me install messaging and internet settings that my phone didnt get 

Thank you so much for answering our questions @Ks94 and I'm so sorry to hear we have not yet been able to find the resolution to this. 

I'm going to send you a PM now so we can take a closer look into this. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the tope right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you.