cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refreshing sim data

Juldav1980
Tuning in

Screenshot_20210429-123805_Messages.jpg

 anyone know y I keep getting this message on my new phone please. It will say SIM REFRESH DATA then pops up that I have to enter my phone number before I can use anything on my phone 

20 REPLIES 20

Juldav1980
Tuning in

Hi thanks for that have just applied it and will update you

Just to say I have had exactly the same problem. Tried what you said and it worked! I am on my third SIM as Virgin said it was the Sim. Thank you so much!

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi emilongley, really glad to hear that worked for you - thanks for keeping the thread updated it's much appreciated.

Tom 

I have applied this still get the refreshing sim data but I don't get that silly message anymore so thanks for the help

I am also getting this message at very regular intervals.  Have tried every fix I can find and have spoken to Virgin customer care but still to no avail.

It never happened with my old sim from another supplier so why is happening now!?

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @ianleeves

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

Do you have the same make and model of handset as advised in the thread earlier?  Does the advise enlli advised not work either

"Try Settings _ Connections _ Mobile Networks _ Access Point Names. 

Got to the three dots at the top and choose Reset to Default.

Appears this has fixed it for some on other networks " 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi Zak,

Thanks for your response, unfortunately I have tried that preciously and I still have the same issue. It is extremely frustrating tbh.

Phone is a Samsung a40.

Regards, Ian.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for keeping us updated Ian. Can you please try the following: 

-Manual network search and choose any other network except Virgin (will tell you unable to connect or show no service) 

-Switch handset to 2G only. This can usually be found by going to the "settings" option within the menu of your phone 

-Then manually search again and choose Virgin 

-Then set back to 4G 

Tom

Tom I have the same problems and have tried your answer and other suggestions, still nothing, I get the message can not connect try later, which I get all the time!!! Any other suggestions before I throw the phone out of the window?  I am an 'older lady and not very tech savvy lol'

Joe34005547
Tuning in

Hi all, not had my new Samsung S20fe long and was worried that I kept getting a notice saying sim data refreshing along with a prompt asking me to enter my mobile number, quite worrying and immediately tried to look for advice on this forum.

I was abroad on holiday outside the EU at the time so decided to wait until I got back to sort this annoying problem out.

When I got back to the UK the issue had disappeared and I don't know why.

1 why did this happen whilst abroad?