cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refreshing sim data

Ktwilko
Joining in

Hi, I have recently moved to a virgin sim only  contract. Initially it worked fine. For the past week I keep getting a refreshing sim data  message flashing up and it is repeatedly (every few minutes) telling me I have voicmail from over a week ago, which it won't let me listen to. I think I already have to be honest and it's an old one. It seems to go in and out of this phase but I struggle to make calls when it's like this too. I've tried turning my phone off and restarting, I've reset something in the settings and taken the sim card out and put it in again. Any ideas of what to do are greatly appreciated please. 

7 REPLIES 7

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ktwilko,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with the SIM, can you please confirm what handset you have?

Are you able to test a different handset? If so, do you get the same issue?

Alex_Rm

Same issue except every time it happens while on WiFi calling I lose this service (it disappears as an option in the settings) and when it happens while I am out, I lose data! Also new to Virgin but regretting moving now as I have missed load of calls and messages!

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the details @Wrogers

I'm sorry to hear that this issue still happens even on a different handset. I would like to investigate this further, I shall send you a private message now to obtain the details required. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can 🙂

Best wishes,

Serena

Hey @Wrogers and thanks for confirming your details via private message.

I have arranged for a new sim card to be sent out to you, please let us know if you have any further issues, once you have your new sim card up and running.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks, this will be the third new sim in as many months, any reason why you think it will work now?

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I'm really sorry that you have had 3 SIMs in 3 months, that is not ideal at all. I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. Please do let us know when you receive and activate the new SIM, hopefully this will work for you now.

Kind regards,

Serena

Hi Serena, I am still having issues with WiFi calling. Lose it at least once a day and have missed some more important calls. Is it possible just to cut my losses and cancel the contract?