cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refreshing sim data

Minimarsbar73
Joining in
  • Hi I'm having massive problems with my phone signal & it keeps saying 'refreshing sim data ' constantly all day & night, it drains the battery and handset gets hot. I have no signal in my house. I have spoken with virgin a few times, ive had a new sim but nothing changed. The handset is playing up when I'm tryou g to email. Quite frankly I'm sick of it!!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Assume you have seen this thread. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Assume you have seen this thread. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I have seen a lot of conversations about it and I have tried all of the solutions but still having problems.  Was told was a Vodafone mast problem yesterday by virgin but there are no problems that I can find out about. Think they're fobbing me off

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

789 will say anything if they don't know the answer. Their other get out is to send a new SIM. 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Minimarsbar73,

Thanks for your post and welcome to forums 🙂
I am sorry you are having issues with your phone service.

Have you tried a different handset? 

Is your handset from us if it's getting hot and losing charge it sounds like it may be a battery issue? 

Zoie

Hi, yes tried in another handset but again no signal. I've had a new sim & tried that too. 

Funny that from mid March to 6 wks ago I had no issues. My phone connected to Vodafone as is my daughters  & sons but my husband is connected to EE & he has no issues. All with virgin. 

There is obviously a problem with connectivity to Vodafone & I'm not prepared to pay for a contract that is unusable. Even if I did use WiFi calling, it cuts out with the refreshing sim data. Plus this issue I believe is causing the drainage & heat issue (which in itself is a safety hazard!!!)

I want some answers and/or solution immediately as it is ridiculous. 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I am sorry about this, have you been advised if you have migrated over?
when the SIM is not in the handset does it still do the same? Where did you get the handset? How old is it? What model is it ?
Zoie

I have been with virgin for years. Never had any issues until now. Recently upgraded to Samsung A52 which worked for a couple of weeks then it all went wrong. Had a new sim a wk ago but got a new sim with the new handset, tried everything to resolve via 789 & website help pgs. 

I'm at the point of cancelling contract as no one seems to either want or be able to help. Been fobbed off via 789 saying Vodafone mast problem but there isn't one.

Why should I be paying for a phone & package when it doesn't work half the time. Even when I pop into town the signal drops out 

Thank you for that information Minimarsbar73.

I would like to help with this. What I will do is private message you so we can look into this further.

^Martin

I need someone to contact me on this issue as well please.

My phone battery drains in a matter of hours as it is constantly refreshing phone data but also notifying me that I have 2 non existent voicemail I have to take a charger wherever I go, and I am constantly having dropped calls when it does it and also it can't be doing the battery any good.

It's an S21 from virgin, with the phone you sent me!