Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Refreshing sim data message

I keep getting a small black box popping up saying 'refreshing sim data'. It doesn't seem to matter if I'm on my home WiFi, works WiFi, or using data. In some cases when gaming it has actually stopped the connection with the games server and so has dropped me out of the online game. 

I had this same thing soon after getting the phone (would pop up 5+ times a day) which was improved when I was sent a new sim (saw it as about once every 2-3 weeks at most) . But it is now happening 5+ times a day again.

Why has this started happening again please? 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refreshing sim data message

Hi Kjordan, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm really sorry to hear that you're getting this error message, I can appreciate the frustration. 

I'd also like to apologise for the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than usual. 

If you're experiencing this as an error message could you please try the below steps:

-Manual network search and choose any other network except Virgin or EE e.g., O2, Vodafone etc. (will tell you unable to connect or show no service) 

-Switch handset to 2G only. This can usually be found by going to the "settings" option within the menu of your phone 

-Then manually search again and choose Virgin 

-Then set back to 4G 

Keep us posted with how you get on with that. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos