cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refreshing Sim data

nigeljohn88
Joining in

I have 2 Samsung mobiles and they both keep saying Refreshing Sim data which cuts of the wifi calling. Up until November last year both phones worked perfectly until we went to Australia. On our return we started getting this message. VM sent new sim cards but that did not solve the problem. I have tried all the suggested fixes but no success. Both phones seem to work fine away from home as far as I can tell. Have tried phone reset so I don't think it is a handset problem. Anybody got a solution?

15 REPLIES 15

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @nigeljohn88, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the SIM data you are having. 😞
May I ask if you put these SIM cards in different handsets - does the same issue still occur?

Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I only have 2 handsets, an A21s and a A32 5g. I swapped the sim cards over. The A32 booted up and for about 5 minutes the wifi calling worked and then it went back to refreshing sim data. When the A21s booted up it went straight into refreshing sim data. I did notice when the A21s started it went to the sim manager screen which said that it did not know the phone number. From memory I think the sim manager screen has always said it does not know the phone number. I don't know if this is relevent but I thought I would mention it as it seem a bit odd.

Thank you for the reply @nigeljohn88 on the forums. 

Are you able to connect to the SIM network on the setting through the choice of "manual" instead of automatic and see if that helps?
Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The signal is so poor here it doesn't matter whether it is automatic or manual. Everytime I get the refreshing sim data message all the setting like the access point names dissappear.

Hi nigeljohn88,

We are sorry to hear you don't have a great Mobile signal there, have you tried switching Networks Mnually to see if there is a better connection available?

Regards

Paul.

If I scan for networks I only get EE or Vodaphone and I can't connect to them
Nigel

Thanks you Nigel, has the Network always been the same or is this something which has happened recently, is the connection the same on both handset you have?

Regards

Paul.

The signal has always been the same for both phones which is why I asked your colleagues to turn on the wifi calling at your end. It worked perfectly until we got back from Australia. When we are in the house we only get emergency calling only. If I hang out of the bedroom window both handsets connect to the network with no problems.

Regards

Nigel

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @nigeljohn88 👋,

Thank you so much for your reply, I am so sorry that the signal is so bad you are hanging out of a window, this is not what we would like to hear and hope it was safe, I can see you mentioned this has happened when you came back, do you know if any settings were changed your end? Did you receive a new sim at all? Does the WiFi calling work fine when connected to WiFi? Is this all areas or just at home you are noticing the drop in service?
Please keep us posted on this.

Zoie