cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refreshing SIM data

mqbwick
Joining in

I am having problems at my daughter's house with persistent 'Refreshing SIM data' message. There is no mobile signal here which appears to be the trigger as it does not happen at my house. I have applied 'fixes' shown in forum (reset access point, new sim fitted) but this has not fixed the issue. Most forum postings appear with a PM.
I have a Samsung M31 with a virgin SIM only.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Keenzo
Up to speed

mine has been doing this for years, its everytime your signal drops out. we are in a blackspot so everytime we touch our phone this happens.

seems to be fixed by using wifi calling been good so far.

One of the virgin staff here will be able to turn wifi calling on for you when they drop by surprised @Mathew_ML has not even offered this within his 2 replies tbh

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey mqbwick, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear this.

Is this only happening here?

You mentioned there is no signal here this could be down to this, if its working fine everywhere else but not in the house where there is poor signal it will be down to this sorry. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Yes, it only happens here (that I know) where the signal is poor. This has only started happening since I moved to Virgin mobile, previously I was with O2 and it was not an issue (with the same phone). Surely there must be a fix as it is very annoying. I get kicked out of certain apps when this happens.

We use the same network as O2, if this is only happening where the signal is poor it will be down to this sorry.

We are always expanding our network to improve it however this won't be an instant fix. 

You will also be moved over to an O2 traffic within the next year where you can find out more about here 

This may be the fix for you. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Keenzo
Up to speed

mine has been doing this for years, its everytime your signal drops out. we are in a blackspot so everytime we touch our phone this happens.

seems to be fixed by using wifi calling been good so far.

One of the virgin staff here will be able to turn wifi calling on for you when they drop by surprised @Mathew_ML has not even offered this within his 2 replies tbh

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Keenzo, thanks for your comment on our help forum and this thread.

We're glad to hear you've resolved the issue with your poor mobile coverage in the house by using WiFi calling instead, in order to advise this we'd need to first establish if the user is on our broadband network as well. 🙂

Our forum staff always look to best resolve your queries, we'd love to help if you have any more concerns.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Keenzi,

I doesn't look like wifi calling is available at my daughter's house. I have switched it on now I am home, I guess I will find out if this is resolved next time I am there.

Not sure why it wouldn't be available there as this the the whole reason for it existing. My daughter uses wifi calling successfully. 

Thanks for your help.

Do please keep us updated @mqbwick, and if this still isn't working, we'll look further into this for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn